A Special 'Thank You'
The LifeLink Legacy Fund is 501(c)3 organization originally established in 1990 as the Endowment for Giving. Its mission over the last twenty years has been to support the Foundation's efforts in organ and tissue donation and transplantation. The Legacy Fund has focused its efforts on pre- and post-transplant patients in need of financial assistance. Through the generosity of sponsors, the Legacy Fund has provided over $1.3 million in support to transplant patients. The Legacy Fund also supports scientific endeavors to enhance transplantation therapies. Our mission is to continue to provide hope for those in need of transplant therapy.
Click here to learn more about LifeLink Legacy Fund's Philanthropic Support.
Good Samaritan Patient Care Fund
The Good Samaritan Patient Care Fund provides immediate financial support for transplant patients. In the past year, the LifeLink Legacy Fund® provided emergency pharmaceutical assistance for financially challenged patients, provided short-term cost of living assistance for living related donors who were out of work without compensation, and secured dental care for transplant patients when dental infections might have prevented them from receiving a lifesaving organ transplant.
If you would like to help please click here to make an On-Line donation or you can click here to donate by telephone or mail.
Grants & Sponsorships
- Research grants – advancing the science of transplantation and organ donation
- Grants and sponsorships to organizations that support organ and tissue donation and transplantation and the patients in our community:
- Lions Eye Institute for Transplant and Research
- Tampa General Hospital Foundation
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- National Organization for Transplant Enlightenment
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Tampa Bay
Honored to Help When...
- Living-related kidney donors needed short-term financial assistance for day-to-day expenses while out of work and recuperating without pay.
- The need for minor medical and dental treatment threatened to prevent underinsured patients from being placed on the national waiting list for a life-saving organ transplant.
- Thirteen critically ill kidney patients in our community were removed from the transplant list because of changes in Medicare Part D. They were placed back on the list when the LifeLink Legacy Fund guaranteed their share of expenses for the antirejection medications they would need to keep their new organs healthy.
- Provided the monies for Post-Transplant Immunology Testing development and implementation. This testing equipped our medical professionals with tools to personalize and refine anti-rejection medications for each patient. This research also broadened the field of available donors by identifying and eliminating some recipient blood properties which lead to rejection.
- Provided financial support to the Transplant Psychology Program. A prolonged illness followed by sudden wellness brings a unique set of challenges for transplant patients and their families. This program not only provides counseling but also identifies community resources for both the patient and the family as they take this journey.
- Supported the Retrospective Living Kidney Donor Study. LifeLink's commitment to best practices has prompted us to study the health effects experienced by Living Kidney Donors during the past ten years. This study is poised to either validate or provide information to modify the current screening method for potential Living Kidney Donors. A search of published medical literature reflects a study of this scope has never been conducted and the results could impact every transplant program's potential donor screening criteria.
The 5th Annual Coach Minahan Celebrity Lunch lit up the scoreboard with fantastic attendance and a record for donations. The event on April 19th was attended by 200 community members and raised over $16,000 in support of the LifeLink Legacy Mission. Thank you to all who attended! Stay tuned for information on the 6th Annual 2014 event!
A Celebrated Life
Please click on the tree to share your memories of those who gave life through organ and tissue donation.
A Celebrated Life is dedicated to celebrating those who have left a lasting legacy of life through organ and tissue donation. We invite family members and friends of these individuals to create a tribute for their loved one and share it with others so memories can be shared & remembered.