Direct the resources available to bring about a successful authorization for and ultimately recovery of tissue and organs for transplantation. Within established LifeLink Foundation and Family Care Services (FCS) Program policies and protocols, participate in on-call rotation and special projects as assigned by Management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in the on-call schedule coordinating call responsibilities with other staff.
2. Referral evaluation, determination of suitability, verification of name and location of next-of-kin, obtain authorization (in person and over the phone), coordination of the donation process, documentation per protocols, and follow-up as appropriate.
3. Participates in initiatives and special projects focus on tissue donation awareness and promotion as directed by the Tissue Department Director.
4. Attends and participate in required meetings and/or workshops for ongoing professional development.
5. Participate in department QA program activities, including corrections and follow up with donor family or historian as required.
6. Participate actively in hospital development initiatives as assigned.
7. Participate regularly in staff meetings.
8. Completes documentation and coding of referrals in iTransplant.
9. Per protocol, communicates any hospital development, Medical Examiner, funeral home and/or other referral facility concerns or feedback to the appropriate divisional department via the Tissue Screener management staff.
10. Gain an understanding of IFS (Institute of Forensic Sciences) unique working and political environment, determining the needs and enlisting the cooperation of those personnel through strong interpersonal communication and a committed and enthusiastic ongoing presence.
11. Perform other duties deemed necessary by the Tissue Department Director.
1. Medical-related degree/certification or appropriate experience in a medical environment or social services field.
2. Demonstrated above average written and verbal communication skills.
3. Ability to handle rotation of 24/7 on-call responsibilities and a work schedule that may require response to emergency back-up on-call coverage.
4. Maintain confidentiality according to Foundation protocols.
6. Ability to operate recording device.