This position is responsible for all incoming calls to LifeLink Foundation during the midnight shift. In addition, the position is responsible for the screening and routing of all donor referral calls for LifeLink of Florida, LifeLink of Georgia, and LifeLink of Puerto Rico service areas.
1. Answer incoming Communications Services’ phone lines.
2. Obtain information for death notification referrals/messages and deliver the information to the appropriate staff member according to call schedules.
3. Determine if the patient is suitable for potential organ, tissue, and/or eye donation—according to OPO standards.
4. Screen and route donor referral calls to appropriate coordinators for LifeLink OPOs, TransLife, and the eye banks.
5. Maintain potential donor referral information via data entry by following iTransplant procedures.
6. Process organ offers from other organ procurement organizations.
7. Communicate with Lions Eye Institute for Transplant and Research, and the Georgia Eye Bank on 30-minute intervals for referral confirmation.
8. Participate in a departmental quality assurance schedule.
9. Complete and maintain Daily Call Schedule forms.
10. Provide phone coverage for other departments during meetings, seminars, and early closures.
11. Communicate and pass on temporary information to fellow Communications Coordinators.
12. Research donor registries, and provide documentation to organ recovery coordinators.
13. Monitor Puerto Rico death notification referrals.
1. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must possess working knowledge of computer, mouse, and windows application. Ability to multitask.
3. Ability to handle numerous incoming calls. Must possess a pleasant and positive attitude when answering phones and ability to speak and enunciate clearly with a pleasant phone voice.
4. Bilingual required.
5. Must have specific knowledge of the organization and roles of key contacts in order to route calls and follow-up messages.
6. Must be able to work non-business hours—including holidays.